DATES AND FEES :
The Argentinean Language and Culture Scholarship Program is designed for those students who wish to take part in a fast learning of the language, combined with social and cultural activities that allow them to practice it at the same time.
The academic syllabus covers all the aspects of the language learning process (writing, reading, speaking and understanding) with special emphasis on the development of communicational skills on the part of the student. The objective is that the language acquisition can be further enhanced by its continuous use in real life situations and contexts. This program includes 6 daily group lessons. (45/50 minutes each lesson) during 2 weeks.
What does each PARTIAL scholarship include?
- Pre- Arrival Spanish Test
- Welcome package
- Airport meets and transfer service on arrival*
- Guided orientation walk through the city
- 2-week Intensive Full Spanish Cultural Immersion course
- 80 Lessons in Total – 60 lessons of Spanish language & 20 Cultural lessons.
- Communicative language teaching focuses on interaction
- Homestay in a furnished single or shared room of a house or flat. Living with local students, grandmothers or young working people.
- Breakfast and dinner (Half board)
- Museums visits
- Cine Argentino & workshop
- Argentinean Wine tasting
- Seminar on Cross-cultural studies
- Seminar on Argentine history
- Seminar on culture of Argentina
- Seminar on social security system in Argentina
- Seminar on Argentine Music
- Argentine movie & Workshop
- Tango Show and Classes
- Free Internet access – WI FI
- Audio and video rooms
- Free coffee, tea and refrigerated water
- Time Schedule:mornings and afternoons
- Study materials over 120 pages
- 2 tests during the course and end of course exam
- Certification with level archived
- 24-hour emergency phone line
- Local mentor
- All administrative and registration fees, tax and civil liability insurance
THE PROGRAM DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- All roundtrip Airfare
- Personal expenses ( should think of 8 – 15 dollars a day for personal use)
- Personal travels and tranfers during and outside of program dates
- Laundry service
- Entertainment expenses including beverages and personal purchases
- Expenses for medical and other emergencies
- Urban transport
- Health insurance
- Visa fees
- Lunch, merienda or snacks
- Shuttle Bus service on departure
Cross Cultural Training Program, Folder containing a map of the city, workbook. Access to reading and reference books, Hispanic song, etc. Free Internet Access , Free coffee and tea. Permanent information about excursions, films, sports, theater, concerts, etc. And on satisfactory participation in the course, a certificate of completion, listing the student’s level of Spanish, the duration of the course and the hours of study completed.
Students will be required to attend all program activities, including classroom instruction, cultural excursions. Absences will only be excused for medical reasons.
There are weekly tests and quizzes. A very important aspect of the program is the requirement that the students keep a daily journal written in their language of study. These journals are reviewed by language instructors on a daily basis and provide an important record of the students progress, whether they are mastering new vocabulary and more complex grammar and sentence structure. Students will receive 30 lessons of language instruction a week, including an adaptation course and cultural classes (orientation and modeling real-life situations to facilitate students’ adaptation to new cultural environment), a corrective course of Spanish pronunciation, Spanish Grammar, Communicating in Spanish, Argentinean and South American Culture studies.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You must be between the ages of 18-30
- CV (Curriculum Vitae in your native language)
- Professional / Academic references (name, title and e-mail -Writen in your native language)
- Prerequisite for entry: For complete beginners or intermediate. (If you have studied Spanish before please let us know)
- Complete the reservation form
- Total cost of the program with the partial scholarship is U$D 550
- Once admitted: You will need to make a payment of U$D 50 (non-refundable) by PayPal -
- You will pay the rest of your fee of (U$D 500) directly to the Center of Spanish and Culture once you arrive in Argentina
Please write to email@example.com for more information about advanced level of Spanish
What is needed to apply?
The student must complete a brief Scholarship Reservation form to participate in the Argentinean Language and Culture Scholarship Program. There is no set deadline, applications are processed in the order received. Late applications will be reviewed pending available space and only after all those received on time have been reviewed. We suggest you register early to secure your place in the course or ensure that there is sufficient enrollment in the course.
Please notice that you need to attach with the Application form: Curriculum vitae and Personal References
If you have been admitted to the Scholarship Program and in order to confirm your participation you must deposit U$S 50 to secure your place.
The student must complete a brief Scholarship Program Application Form. Application deadlines are 30 days before the date of each program starts. Late applications will be reviewed pending available space and only after all those received on time have been reviewed. You can register Curriculum Vitae and the name, title, telephone and e-mail of references professor.
You are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Depending the month of the year we may close admission before the deadline. In general, students should submit their applications in advance of the term to which they are applying.
When we receive your application, we will send you within 72 hours an email message confirming that we have received your application and notifying you of when you will receive our admission decision.
There are limited vacancies. Once the vacancies are filled up, we will not receive more applications; try to make your reservation as soon as possible. The Selection Committee will meet shortly every week if needed.
Procedures to Apply:
1. Completed Application for Admission.
2. Candidates selected for the program will receive acceptances from Spanish Scholarships in Argentina.
3. The confirmation of participation is automatically when the student does the payment by PayPal (USD 50 -non refundable). The rest of 500 USD is paid in Argentina the first day of arrival. The air ticket information must be sent at least one month before the program starts, if not you must communicate with the administration for extension.
Confirmation of housing: 10 days before you leave your country, you will receive all your housing details by e-mail.
If you write to us we will endeavour to respond within 2 working days of receiving a request. Please note that during busy periods it may take up to 4 working days to reply to you. We encourage you to contact us to update any of your details or if you did not get a respond from us in 4 working days send it again and please check your spam box. We always answer each and every mail.
Total Program Fees with a PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIP: USD 550
At the moment there are only PARTIAL scholarships only in Córdoba city. The total costs of participation with the Partial Scholarship is U$S 550 (US Dollars) and includes: Spanish and cultural courses, accommodation, half-board, school activities, study material, certification, administrative and registration fees, tax and civil liability and medical emergency insurance.
Spending money: You should think about U$S 8-15 a day for meals and general cost of living. Remember that air ticket could be very expensive to travel to Argentina, take your time to find out the best deals but don´t wait too much.
The courses will cover the following aspects:
Listening comprehension, phonetics and pronunciation
Conversation, reading, writing
Vocabulary building and lexical practice
Argentinean Cultural Studies
South American Cultural Studies.
Students will also participate in a variety of cultural enrichment lectures and activities. These activities are an essential component of the language acquisition process and attendance is mandatory.
This intensive course provides a solid foundation in both grammar and practical conversation skills. The course meets for six lessons daily, five days a week, for 2 weeks. Peer helpers provide additional practice hours in the afternoon, on location or during the weekly excursions to cultural and historical sites of the region. Seminars, participation in local cultural events are part of the overall program. Students should improve their ability to communicate in Spanish from the isolated dialogue situations of the classroom, to the everyday realities of modern Argentinean life. They should be able to interact smoothly with their cultural environment. Students who attack their study program aggressively can learn up to 800 new vocabulary items, turning an average student vocabulary of essential items into the fluent working vocabulary of a functional adult speaker. Furthermore, students will have a deep exposure to Argentinean culture. For those students that have requested group classes and there is no group with the same level as the interested person, a reduction of hours will be done to compensate group classes with the corresponding proportional individual classes.
SPANISH & CULTURAL PROGRAM DATES – 2016
Program Number – Start Date – Two weeks program
N° 1: Jan 11, 2016 Open
Feb 15, 2016 Full/Closed
N° 2: Feb 29, 2016 Open
Apr 11, 2016 Full/Closed
May 09, 2016 Full/Closed
Jun 13, 2016 Full/Closed
N° 3: Jul 11, 2016 Open
N° 4: Aug 01, 2016 Open
N° 5: Aug 22, 2016 Open
Oct 10, 2016 Full/Closed
Nov 14, 2016 Full/Closed
N° 6: Nov 28, 2016 Open
If you have trouble using our registration form, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Center of Spanish and Culture
Address: Calle Buenos Aires 124 – Of. 33 | C.P. 5000 Córdoba – Argentina
Tel: +54 – 351 – 4232837 | Cel: +54 -9- 351 (15)2381781